Are you getting the most out of your turntable?
Be confident that it is set up right.
Optimum performance from a turntable system is achievable through the following means:
- Leveling the turntable
- Setting the overhang and offset angle correcly for best tracking and minimum groove noise
- Setting the correct tracking force
- Setting the stylus rake angle (SRA) for best phase and frequency response
- Adjusting the azimuth for minimum phase error and low crosstalk
- Adjusting the antiskating force for minimum tracking error
- Adjusting the platter rotational speeds correctly, accounting for stylus drag
- Measuring other performance parameters to understand the cartridge and tonearm's characteristics